Sunday, February 26, 2012

Letter to My Almost 1 Year Old

Hello my little Launa-

You are going to be one in less than one week and I just wanted to take a moment to tell you how much I love you.

Today at church, I couldn't stop staring at you, and this is why:


  You were happy, smiling at everyone, hilarious, observant, imaginative and smart you are and just downright beautiful.

You are a cuddler and I love that so much.  You just snuggle into our shoulders, pat us and give us loves all the time.  AND, you started giving kisses over the last week and a half or so.  And not just the big open mouth slobbery baby kisses (you do those too), but also, you try to pucker your lips, you put them on our face somewhere and then you pull away and make a kissing sound.  When someone kisses you, you make kissy sounds back at them. 

I do worry about your temper sometimes.  You aren't even 1 yet, and you'll lay your head on the floor and cry, or throw yourself backwards when you're upset about something, but dad and I have decided to give you no attention when you do it, because it is super easy to give you negative attention when you're acting like that.

As I watch you and cuddle with you daily (because pretty much all you want is for me to hold you), I wonder what you'll be like, and how our relationship will be.  We love each other so much, and you have so much love in your little body that just needs to be cared for, and we both also have enormous tempers.  I hope we can learn in your young age how to best deal with all of that, because as I look at you, if I imagine us ever not getting along when you're a teenager, my heart breaks.

So, my darling, I hope you read this when you are a teenager and please listen to me when I say I love you like I never knew I could love.  I worry about you constantly--I wonder if I am doing things right.  The Lord sent your little spirit to me, and I want to do everything in my power to nourish it, let you know you are special, loved and that your Heavenly Father wants nothing more than for you to return to live with him.  That is why we are here--to be tested and tried, and in both trying times and good times, we can find joy.

You are so special, and I can tell you will have enormous gifts and talents, and one of them is spreading joy and love.  You should have seen all the people watching you today and smiling from ear to ear because you make them feel special with how you look at them.  They see joy when they see you.

I am looking forward to each day with you and to watch you develop and get to know what you are passionate about in this life, and your dad and I will support you and love you unconditionally every step of the way.

Love Eternally,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment