Today at Redondo beach, you started showing promise of some more independence. Up in the aquarium you did your little boogie dance, ran around without having to hold my hand, and you actually touched, albeit briefly, things in the touch tank... like the underside of a star fish. It made me so happy to see you remembered where we were and that you were having such a good time. The fact that you wanted to do things on your own was pretty huge.
At the beach, you still don't have the confidence walking over the rocks, so I held your hand and walked with you and helped you throw rocks.
Then over by the dock (the tide was way out) you let me let go and you stood there for a few minutes happily and let me take pictures.
A little later on, I was holding you and we were watching Starlynn walk in the water and you patted me on the back, then gave me a hug with your head against my chest. It made my whole week.
I love you so much and just want you to be happy and have joy. I like helping you get outside and enjoy nature because it really means a lot to you! As evidenced by the hug you gave me. Love you!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment