Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Smiles

Launa Marie-

You are starting to stay awake a LITTLE bit more during the day now. You like to just be held sitting up in front of us and your eyes get so big and you make the cutest facial expressions as you are looking around.

One part of me is looking forward to watching you grow and getting to know your personality and the other part of me wants you to stay just the way you are forEVER. I love your soft head against the side of my face and I love the cute way you move your arms and legs.

You have such an intelligent look in your eye. It's funny to look down at you and realize you've been staring at me for a while.

The other day, mommy was kind of stressed out and I took some time to cuddle and hold you. I was talking with daddy, and then I looked down at you in my arms and you gave me a big, newborn baby smile. I started crying on the spot. It was incredible the way my whole day changed in that one second you smiled at me. It filled me up with joy instantaneously.

You are so special.

Today Starlynn and you hugged for several long minutes. Your mouth kept touching her cheek and she thought you were kissing her and just loved it. She tries to help me take care of you. I have you play pick-a-boo with her and I take your hand and wave hello to her too. She giggles with delight when you are looking at her. You are so special to your sister too, as you are to us all.

Thank you for making us all smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment