Genes are a funny thing.
Launa's big sister Starlynn unfortunately for her got her mommy's cowlicks in the front of her head. Makes for much difficulty with the bangs department.
Starlynn's Cowlicks:

Little Miss Launa got the shape of her daddy's head and his forehead and lucky for her, no cowlicks!!
Now, as far as hair color, this is my theory. Yes, it is dark just like Starlynn's was. BUT, I've been looking at photos of other newborn babies whose hair was dark and STAYED dark and the ones I have seen have dark eyebrows and lashes as well. As you can see above, Launa's are very light like Starlynn's were. I think we'll have a repeat falling out of hair and growing back in blonde, but that's just my theory. Daddy most likely trumps again with the blonde hair and blue eyes. Her eyes are blue now and we'll see around 6 months or so if they stay blue or change green.
Number 1 comment within just a minute of people looking at Launa, "Her fingers are SO long!" Yes they are. It was one of our first comments when we saw her for the first time too. She is very long limbed like her Auntie Rachel. My mom says Launa reminds her a lot of Rachel with her long, skinny limbs.
I love her skinny legs in her humongous newborn size socks. She is so teensy! Speaking of long limbs... when I took her to her checkup yesterday, they measured her at 18.5 inches. I watched them do it twice and it looked really accurate to me! I doubt she grew 3/4 of an inch in 5 days, so I am thinking the hospital might have got it wrong. Oh well! 17 3/4" is what's on her birth announcements!
Ok, then this is the one that flabbergasts me and is why I say "genes are a funny thing". The only place I have seen these ears is on my sister Carrie and her son Braydon. The "vulcan ears". I asked my mom where they came from and she has no idea! Just like we have NO idea where Starlynn's curly hair comes from. At first I thought her ears were just squished, but with the little ridge she has at the top of them I think they are here to stay. :D So cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment