Saturday, March 5, 2011

Launa Marie

Ok, on to more about Launa!

Launa is, so far, a soft spoken little baby. She barely made little squeaky crying sounds and then no sounds when they put her up on me. Just little cute baby grunts. She wanted to eat pretty quickly. Once off my chest to go let the nurses do their thing, she barely made a peep. Not during her bath, not even getting the vitamin k shot. At one point I jokingly look around and said, "is there a baby in here?"

Rachel, while watching her said, "she has a very calming presence". And she does. Maybe she is like her namesake (my mother) and is going to be a peace-maker type personality. I sensed this exact personality from her when I was carrying her and I was so happy that I seem to be right.

She does have a voice though, and she uses it to coo herself to sleep or to let me know she doesn't like the cold wipes, or that she is hungry, but she gives you lots of other signs first.

To everyone, she seems so much tinier than her big sister was. But according to the scales only weighs an ounce less and is 3/4" shorter. But I know that is just memory not serving very well. :)

She does not have the same cowlicks as her mommy or sister do. Lucky girl. Starlynn and I can both be jealous of her.

We were able to be discharged before 24 hours because that's what I really wanted, they had women laboring in the waiting room AND because Launa was being a champion. The lactation consultant was really pleased with her nursing ability and gave her the thumbs up. The neonatologist gave her two big thumbs up and I was doing really well too.

We love having our little bundle of joy. She is a really, really good baby so far and I look forward to every minute of her life.

As you know, Starlynn is in love with her too. I really hope they'll love each other as much as I love my sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment